[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dinner in the Dirt

  • From: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx
  • To: izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TWOSANBOB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:03:02 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/2006 3:42:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Boy, oh,  boy, am I with you on this, Sandy !!!  I'm all for "casual" but
this  was beyond casual - the "Banquet Facility" was for barn-yard animals,
not  people.  The local club members did a GREAT job decorating the tables,
but it was still Dinner in the Dirt.  Our wonderful hard-working  Board
Members would have looked ever so much better against a clean white
background instead of a white background with smudges and  dirt.

You know I could live with dinner in the dirt, I think casual isn't  bad for
the people who have to do pictures, tend to the dogs and then run and  take a
shower and dress and race back to the Dinner.  It provided some  relief I
think, but as usual whenever we have something catered 9 times out of  10 we
run
out of food.    It happened to me last year and it  happened to me this year, I
had one little chicken leg and a small amount of  potato salad, hardly worth
the ticket price and I was the fortunate one some  didn't even get that!!! I
agree with Sandy I think it would be best to have a  sit down dinner somewhere
and the odds of running out of food would hopefully be  less.  The members did
a great job decorating and my thanks and  kudos to them, but running out of
food is just not acceptable, it shouldn't  happen.  And the sound system was
not adequate, I couldn't hear half of  what was said.

Joyce
MyJoy Shepherds
_http://members.aol.com/myjoygs_ (http://members.aol.com/myjoygs/)