[ SHOWGSD-L ] Different kind of brag

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

Had to brag.  Over the weekend, my girl Peakes Brook Pride & Prejudice aka
Lizzie earned her first title.  The title is Coursing Ability (CA) and is for
the new program AKC opened up so that all breeds could compete in lure
coursing.  Three "passes" under at least 2 different judges gets the CA.  To
pass, the dog must run a 600 yard course within 2 minutes and must show
interest in the lure the whole time.  From there you can get a CA (10 passes)
and CAX (25 passes).  There aren't many GSDs in the country that have this
title.  According to AKC, less than 30.

Lizzie is a natural at coursing and impressed many of the sighthound people
watching.  We were encouraged to continue pursuing as she is so good (she had
the top time at 43.5 seconds for all breeds on her third run).  Lizzie got 4
passes over the weekend, so she's on her way to the CAA.  :-)

Lizzie is also an up and coming show dog, but as she's not really ready for the
ring yet, so we are focusing on performance venues at this time.  She is also
getting involved in K9 Nose Work and is showing a lot of promise there too.

Lizzie's sire is CH Woodside Jubilate Eye of the Tyger and her dam is Avignon's
Forever Peak es Brook.  I LOVE this dog!!  She will do just about anything I
ask and always puts 100% into it.  Superb example of the breed complete with an
AWESOME temperament!!Thanks Rebecca Little for trusing me with her!

Christina Klahn
Illusion GSDs
ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx