[ SHOWGSD-L ] Die Grossmutter...

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:31:57 -0400

Die Grossmutter would have loved to meet and would have taken an immediate
liking to Carolyn Martello.

Who wouldn't?

I have just decided that I won't take a dog to the National any more. I can't
take two days to drive each way. I won't put a dog in a crate in the car for a
week. I won't put them on a plane that has to change airports, and trust they
will be safe. And, I won't spend $2,000.00 to ship a dog.

If I do go this year, Kierk will not be there for his AOE. That, to me, points
out the problem with locations. When you combine the cost of shipping with the
inconvenience of driving, our National may be outdated.

Everyone will make their own decisions. It may be the result of having gone to
40 or so Nationals already, but in the end, my decision is to no longer take
dogs half way across the country to show them.

I think I have a bad attitude, but it is mine own. I can't imagine what my
grandmother would have said about it. But, I know what Jane will day.

Evan