[Showgsd-l FreeLists] Re: Did you know this???

  • From: Hel-Mic@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:18:16 +0000

It has long been  my understanding that the Open class is open to all dogs six
months and older, regardless of country of birth or status of points, etc.  I
am sure one of our judges will comment on this.
Helen C.
-------------- Original message from "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
--------------

> I just received my second membership book (thanks Dania)...and looking it
> over
> it seems that at an AKC point show a Champion is eligible to enter the "OPEN"
> class...which means if that champion wins the class he goes on to winners
> class...and if he wins the "winners" class he gets the points....why is
> this....has any one ever heard of any one doing this...what would be the
> point
> (no pun intended)...seems like the classes at point shows should ALL exclude
> Champions.....let me back up for a minute....when I finished my Boss son it
> was
> under Tedi Ginsburg in Utah, but I did not know he was finished, I
> mis-counted,
> the next day he was entered under Evan Ginsburg...We had to pull my dog
> because
> of a previous commitment of my handler...now I am not assuming that my dog
> would
> have won under Judge Ginsburg, but had I stayed and won my dog would have
> taken
> points that he did not need, thereby denying all the eligible dogs of winning
> the points..( at least two Males at that show went
> on to become Champions)..I found out my dog was a champion about three weeks
> later in the mail...I'll never forget it...I was sitting home alone in my
> underwear watching Jerry Springer ...life is good...FB

POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For administrative problems, email problems and technical support, please
contact the List Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx, in private.  Please do
not post individual problem issues on Showgsd-l