[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Did I tell You, You're My Hero

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:58:22 EDT

I love this topic...

When I was very young we had a bitch named Loba.  She was our first  GSD, we
always had Dobies before. What a difference!!  And she was totally  protective
of the kids.

One morning we took off for the beach and she stayed behind with one  of my
cousins who was sick.  On our way back home we noticed police cars  and lost of
people near our house.....as we got closer we realized something was
happening at home.  We pulled up to find a couple of officers ready to  shoot
Loba.
She had a man pinned against a wall. Anytime he moved, she bit  him and made
him get back against the wall.  Apparently he had tried to  break in, and
didn't realize the little girl was there <G>.
Funny part is our neighbors were all yelling at the cops not to shoot the
dog, to shoot the guy.
And my cousin? She fell asleep with her earmuffs on, listening to music,  and
with the meds she was taking she missed the whole thing.  This guy,
apparently he was the guy the police was looking for  break-ins and  rapes....I
was
too  young to remember the details, just that he was one of  the "bad guys".

Loved that bitch......we kids all did, our parents couldn't talk harsh to  us
in front of her.....LOL....she was tough, but she learned early on to watch
for grandma's "look".  You all know that look, the one that tells you you  are
in trouble.....LOL......to us, she was one of the kids.

Ileana