[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Did I ever tell you you're my hero?!

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:17:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2007 8:28:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi  all:  I was just reading something about dogs saving peoples  lives.
So I thought I'd put this question to you.  Has  your dog ever saved your
life or a family members?  Should make  for good reading.  Best,  Barbara

You bet and she was the 2004 Pet Hero dog, I lost her at 14  yrs, 7 months in
Dec 2004.
She was Ch Trillia's Allure, CGC.   She was everything you  would ever want
in a shepherd - loyal companion, show dog, good mom to  every litter including
her's and her daughters and granddaughters, and a  dog that lived "under" my
skin.
She won the hero dog award for dragging me through my living room  after
falling down stairs and breaking ribs.  She got me to a phone  to get help.
She also discovered the cancer in me.....I know without her  insistence I may
not have gotten that check up quite so fast.  She  was always there through
the bad times, sick times, good  times.   I honestly never thought I would
survive without  her.....I called her "my mom".   It was so hard to lose her
but
she trained some others here well I guess while I wasn't looking......I  know
have a couple others working pretty hard to be under my skin and get  me
through the day, good or bad.
There is nothing like the intelligence and heart of a  GSD............Nothing!
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC  of Beaumont, Life member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that a lone amateur
built the Ark. A large group of  professionals built the  Titanic"