[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Did I ever tell you you're my hero?!

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:25:57 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2007 10:03:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
On  7/17/07, Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi  all:  I was just reading something about dogs saving peoples  lives.
> So I thought I'd put this question to you.  Has your dog  ever saved your
> life or a family members?  Should make for good  reading.  Best,  Barbara

Twice

When I was in my late 20s I was an outside salesperson for the company my
family owns and I travelled very remote areas. To make a long story short, I
stopped for a soda at a very isolated convenience store in a rural part of
South
 Georgia. A car that had been following me for many miles pulled in also and
the  man went in and struck up a conversation with me as we both got snacks
and a  drink.

Once we were back outside, I had a long walk to where I had parked my car
under a shade tree because my solid black GSD Krieger was travelling with me as

he generally did. The man had also parked a distance from the store in a
different area.

Anyway, as we walked out, he started making suggestions as to how we could
spend the afternoon and when I said 'no thanks', he grabbed my arm and started
to drag me toward his car and said 'oh yes , you will'

We were still some distance from my vehicle but I immediately whistled,  that
huge black head appeared in the open window and he started coming through
it. I said. 'You can either let go of my arm or he'll be removing yours'. That
guy ran for his life.
That was actually the 2nd time Krieger had saved me from harm. And yes, he
would protect. I had tested him early on. That's why I travelled with him. No
questions about it.

Another time, my german bitch 'Georgia' and I were driving into town late  at
night and at a stop light, a man came out of nowhere and opened the passenger
 door (no I didn't have the car locked) and started to reach across to me.
The  next second he was running for his life as Georgia exploded from the back
of the  car (hatchback with fold-down seats) and literally threw him out the
door.

I highly value the GSDs that I know will protect me. My Ch Vachon has shown
me numerous times that he would fight anyone or anything to protect me.
Fortunately, for those he 'suspected' of evil-doing, I was able to stop him in
mid-air with a command but my close friends have learned that you don't do
unexpected horseplay with me when he's around. :-)

Lynda

Check out  our websites below for regular updates
Gene Workman
Lynda  Bragg-Workman
Falkrigia Shepherds
_www.falkrigiashepherds.com_ (http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/)