[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Did I ever tell you you're my hero?!

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:01:41 -0400

Here's my second story:
This was back in the "old days" when we were taught to speak politely to
strangers, not to anticipate that every one of them could harm us.
 I was 12 and was about 500 feet from my house checking out a vernal pool
for tadpoles with my ever present Germ Shep buddy, Tiger. Tiger dashed into
the woods after a squirrel and I was crouched by the pond's edge when a car
came around the corner, there were 4 older teenage boys in the car and the
car slowed way down, never stopping, the door opened in the back and a tall
blonde guy jumped out and headed toward me...I will never forget the strange
look on his face, even though at that age I didn't have a clue to his
intentions...but Tiger did. Like a shadow he shot out of the woods and went
right for the guy, who ran back to the car that still had the back door open
and they zoomed off.
God bless our dogs.

Rachel & the Ark
Proud Blue Star Mom of PFC Aaron Anderson, USMC
http://aaronswoodsarabians.homestead.com
http://www.k9-workshop.com
http://segensreich.homestead.com