[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dick Whalen

  • From: "Brenda Shepard" <tashina1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:01:18 -0700

Dick did embrace the newbie's and always made you feel as you have been
around forever. Even if you
had not. I met them for the first time at one of our local specialties. Two
years later Logan started
showing in Jr.'s, Dick was always there to support him ringside even if they
had something to get ready
to go in the ring. He used to always tell me that young man is going to be
the next upcoming handler.
Of course this will be years later.

I remember the first time I went to Claremont, nothing to show, just for
fun. However Logan was showing, Dick was so excited because we made the
trip. He told me that is devotion. I was able to sit and talk with
him for awhile and there was so much that you could learn from this
wonderful man. I am so grateful for
the time that I did get to spend with him. He has not left us, as he will be
watching all of us from above. Rest in peace our special friend.

Brenda and Logan Shepard