[ SHOWGSD-L ] Diatomaceous Earth

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 14:29:51 -0400

Most people know that I've used DE for about 20 years. But I myself didn't
realize the different "grades" or "types" of food grade DE that there are.
I was almost out of the DE that I have always bought from the Permaguard
Company and I KNEW it was sold at Tractor Supply. So I bought some, and
fed it to the guys once the Permaguard stuff was gone. OMG. Diarrhea.
UGH. I had noticed that it was a reddish-brown color, not the white color
that Permaguard DE is. I called Permaguard. The worker told me that the
red color comes from clay, which means the Tractor Supply DE is much less
pure than theirs is. Well, into the garbage it went. My Permaguard white
DE arrived yesterday, so it's back to normal. Lesson learned.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever