[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Diamond dog food BIG PRICE INCREASE

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd >> gsd list" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:36:56 -0400

Cheri -
   Just so you know, Diamond was the FIRST of all the dog foods to be
recalled...several dogs died from it.  That happened within the past 3
years.  I don't know how you missed it.
       I fed it for years and think it's the best dog food around...but
now I can't get it...none of the stores here will carry it since the recall.
I, too, paid $19 and chance for 40 lbs........but now ALL dog foods have
gone up because we as a nation aren't importing grain from China
since the recent recalls........the companies have to pay more, so they
must pass the increased costs on to us.

   I'm just surprised that if you've been feeding Diamond for 5 or 6
years, that you actually missed the recall.............
Peggy