[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Diamond dog food BIG PRICE INCREASE

  • From: VSabiaB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:45:32 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/2007 8:10:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
I   have been using Diamond Lamb and Rice for about 5 or 6 years now and my
dogs  love it and do well on it.  (and even Paul Root said it is  a good dog
food!! ) I mainly love it cause it has NO CORN, NO SOY,  and NO  WHEAT.    I
also love the price cause I can afford  it.   And...it has also passed through
ALL of the recalls in the  past couple years  with flying colors.
I buy my dog food at the  Tractor Supply Co. store near my home.  It  used to
be $19.98  for a 40# bag for years.  Then when all the last recall  horrors
was  going on, it went on  sale for $17.98 for the 40# bag and has   been that
price for several months now.  Tonight I stopped to  get  some.  The price on
the shelf said $27.98  !!??!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
My feed store raised the price of Diamond about 6 months ago, but I still get
a good deal.
 I pay $21.99 for 50 lbs., reg. price $24.99 of the Adult Premium and the
same price for a 40 lb. bag of Chicken & Rice, regular price $26.99.

I've been feeding Diamond Adult Premium for over 10 years now and the Chicken
and Rice since it came out, my dogs do very well on both.

Yes, it was scary when Diamond had the recall and I was the first to notify
my feed dealer about it.
I did hear a rumor back then from another big dog food representative that
the Diamond incident was sabotage, Diamond was getting to big for their
britches
:-(
Who knows how it really happened, just glad my dogs didn't eat the
contaminated food.

Vicki
_Von Charisma German Shepherds_
(http://members.aol.com/VAbby17801/VCGShepherds.html)
_http://members.aol.com/VAbby17801/VCGShepherds.html_
(http://members.aol.com/VAbby17801/VCGShepherds.html)
It's not HAVING what you want, it's wanting what you HAVE!!