[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Diamond Pet Food Suspends Delivery of All Brands including Taste of the Wild made in SC

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 11:35:36 -0700 (PDT)

I would never feed any dog food that Diamond Pet Food company produces.  If you
call the companies as I have just about all dog food is made at a Diamond Plant.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/tailsofseattle/2017951080_diamond_pet_food_recalled.html
Breeders Choice, owns and  manufactors their own dog food.  I never have heard
of any recalls so far of Breeders Choice-Avo-Derm dog food which is what my
dogs have eaten. Breeders Choice Company was bought out be as I have talked to
them and my dog has no problems to date with their food it is still made in
Irwindale, CA by Breeders Choice.  It is 100% Satisfaction Guarenteed and made
with the least ingredients only containing healthy ones.  This dog food however
is very expensive, my GSD I own now goes through $90 every 2-3 weeks of their
bones, canned food and dry dog food.

Theresa

On Sat, 4/14/12, Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just sharing this post I received this morning....

Peggy

Just got wind of this today.  My guys have been treated for diarrhea and
pancreatitus within the last month.  Have changed food as some were refusing to
eat. Seem to think you were feeding Taste of The Wild.

  Foods made by Diamond Pet Food (though not confirmed to be made at the South
Carolina Plant)
  Solid Gold
  Canidae/Felidae
  Natural Balance
  Kirkland (Costco Brand)
  Chicken Soup
  Taste of the Wild
  4-Health (Tractor Supply Brand)

  Diamond Pet Food Suspends Delivery of All Brands made in SC
  One of you great Independent Pet Store People out there sent me a 'heads up'
that their Distributor would not be delivering any products made by Diamond Pet
Food; though she received no explanation why.  I called Diamond and was told...

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/diamond-pet-food-suspends-delivery-of-all-brands-made-in-sc.html

  Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

  Susan Thixton
  Pet Food Safety Advocate