[ SHOWGSD-L ] Diagnosis of Stroke

  • From: "Castle Kennels, Ltd." <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:11:08 -0600

I just brought my bitch home from the vets and he did confirm that she most
definitely had a stroke.  He gave her a steroid injection plus pills to take
at home to reduce swelling in the brain.  He told me that if she doesn't
have another stroke she should recover from this one.  What wonderful news
to my ears.  I certainly feel a lot better this afternoon than I did early
this morning.  It will be hard to manage her until she can walk again, but
I'll do my best with the help of a towel.  After I got her settled on her
day bed in my front hall,  I gave her a small amount of canned food and she
ate it eagerly.  Another good sign!  She is a strong, healthy bitch so I
will remain optimistic.

I can't begin to thank everyone enough for the shared experiences and words
of comfort and hope.  They really helped me as most of them relieved my
fears of the worst possible outcome.  This list, this extended family, is
the greatest!  Thank you, everyone.

Pat

Castle Kennels, Ltd.

Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign