[ SHOWGSD-L ] Desert Southwest Cluster, Day 4 - The Final Chapter

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 04:01:23 GMT

We are back home in Hemet, CA., exhausted, but, I am still grinning from ear to
ear.  My cheeks hurt.

Harley and Charlotte-Jo want dinner....actually, so do I!!  But, I will have a
cold beer first and fill you in on my brag!!

Today's judge at the Imperial Valley Kennel Club Show was Mr. Robert J.
Caswell, Jr.  We had a 3 point major.  Seven dogs and bitches in the Best of
Breed Class.  Harley decided to make J.R. happy; he baited, wagged his tail,
posed perfectly, and gaited his way to BEST OF BREED!!

It was a really great four-show weekend  2 BOB, 2 BOS, and a Group IV!!   J.R.,
John, and Sheryl work harder, and have more talent, than ANYONE I have ever
seen at dog shows!!  We are so lucky to have them out here on the Left Coast!!

This stuff is really addictive.  Harley makes me so proud!  No matter what the
circumstances, even with F-16's screaming by overhead, he doesn't let me down.

I met the president of the Imperial Valley Kennel Club, Kathy Burk, and her
husband, Board Member Mike Burk.  They are some of the nicest people and they
did put on a wonderful show.  They even let me put Harley in their bitch's
crate when we got really busy.

Twyla Miner's bitch was RWB.  I fail to remember who else was there.   You all
NEED Evan for that kind of info!!

Norma left to get ready to sojourn to Florida for awhile.  I miss her here in
California, but, she says she will be back to visit.  And she will be in Utah,
of course.

I experienced a first while coming home.  TWO separate Border Patrol stops
coming past the Salton Sea.  Never have these people talked to me before.  This
time, at the second check-point, the agent asked me to roll down my window.  He
looked in and asked if only my dog (Harley) and I were in the car.  I told him
there was also a Mexican Chihuahua (Charlotte-Jo) sleeping in the back and
asked him if he needed to see her papers, as she IS legal.  He laughed and sent
me on my way.  At least I didn't have to take my shoes off like they make me do
at the airport!!

Back to reality and work tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me brag, yet again.  I NEVER get tired of it!!  :-)

Paula, 319 days and counting