[ SHOWGSD-L ] Desert Southwest Cluster, Day 3

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:59:10 GMT

Today, on the third day of the Desert Southwest Cluster, at the Imperial Valley
Kennel Club show, my Ch Asgard's Harley Davidson won Best of Opposite Sex under
judge Peggy Beisel-McIlwaine, handled by his regular handler, J.R. Alcantara.
The infamous Linda Battistoni's bitch was WB and Best of Breed, for a major
which finished her championship!!

J.R. actually had the honor of grooming Harley today and did a bang-up job, as
usual.  Harley is showing the best I have ever seen him and is actually having
a fun time in the ring.  Thanks, J.R., you have always made dog shows memorable
for me.

Ron Nunnelly's dog took the win on Friday and the major win today.

Norma and I had a wonderful dinner at the Red Lobster, bibs, dessert, and all!!
 I am full, tired, and ready for the last day of the Desert Southwest Cluster,
which is rumored to be yet another major!!  What a great group of people, who
work so hard to make sure that at least two majors held this weekend, so far.

Sorry that I am not a better reporter, but, I would neither want to usurp
Evan's position, nor overshadow his writing skills, even though I am a MUCH
better speller than he.  Besides, I don't have a catalog!!

When I get home from Yuma tomorrow night, I will try to get the Monday results
to you.

Paula, 320 days and counting