[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Derby

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:33:35 GMT

Ruffian was not euthanized on the track.  She had surgery performed, the=
n, coming out of the anesthesia, she thrashed about so much that she cau=
sed further injury.  She was then euthanized, at the clinic.

Paula, 182 days and counting

From: "Michael Lynch" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: re Derby
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 08:20:23 -0700

Unfortunately, guys, that's how the industry is. If you don't have a 2 y=
ear =

old making money, you don't have a race horse. If you have a horse that =
is =

too slow, you DON'T have a race horse.

Away from gaited horses, I co-own a beautiful grey filly with my friend =
=

Kelly in Ocala (He also has a few of Jerry Ammerman's horses in his care=
 =

there at Lambholme). I visited him a few times and he got the call to pu=
t =

down a mare that was sweet, well bred but just "too slow" for the track.=
  Of =

course, Kelly didn't put her down and talked the owner into the papers a=
nd =

asked me, "want thoroughbred?" Of course, I did. Its the rescuer in me!

I asked about the industry. He said its based on RUNNING. They don't wan=
t to =

hear about a horse that could be a great jumper or dressage horse. They =
are =

bred to Run. What people don't really recall about Ruffian is that, even=
 =

with a broke leg, she still had the 'heart' to keep running (thus doing =
her =

more damage) and she had to be put down on the track. Same thing with th=
is =

filly as I am understanding. She comes from runners, they genetically br=
ed =

her with a large heart, and when they run or breakdown, its not like the=
y =

stop running... its bred in them. You either have it or you don't have i=
t, =

and those that do stick around and win money. Those that don't, well you=
 can =

ask me how I got my one thoroughbred.

Here's a link to Doc Ruan's site where I learned about this heart factor=
. =

http://www.reedannland.com/xfactor.html

Mike

Click to go wireless with your computer, ultra fast speed.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4t631LJu9OMVYqkjdr1=
m8FEaJ3XavkkOLMe7qcQUTPisx2Yu/?count=3D1234567890