[ SHOWGSD-L ] Demodex-To breed or....

  • From: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx
  • To: lhavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:12:48 EDT

Many years ago I had a bitch with demodex on her muzzle, only case of
demodex I have had in all my years of breeding,  Ivomec cleared it  up.
Everytime she was shown, she had a break out, therefore she was  retired from
the
show ring, but not from the whelping box,  I always kept a  close eye on her
for a break out, she did not pass this on to her progeny, and  she was an
excellent producer.

Whether to breed her or not is your decision whether she will pass it on,
you will never know till she has puppies.  The decision is yours.

Diane
Home of GV  Ch. Ossipee Ceasar v Clover Acre CD ROM, ROMC
Select Ch. Deb-Mar's Pandora,  & sister Ch. Deb-Mar's Phoenix
& many champions _www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com_
(http://www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com/)