[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Demodex Mange

  • From: arycrest@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:42:20 +0000

My mix breed, Bo, was probably about 7 or 8 when his human father died and
shortly after that his human mother was put into a nursing home.  The family
boarded him for about four months at the vet's while they attempted to find a
new home for him and finally he was taken to the shelter and was there for
another two months before Margy G mentioned him on Da List and I drove down to
South Florida and adopted him.
He had several spots of Demodex Mange on his face and my vet felt it was stress
related and told me to take a wait and see attitude with him, there was no
treatment prescribed.  His introduction into my family was not without stress
since he had some sever aggression problems, but as these problems were
resolved and he settled down and blended in with the Hooligans, the mange
slowly started getting better and within a few months it was completely gone
and replaced by healthy hair.  I've had him now for 28 months and he's a happy
fellow, content and an active member of the Hooligans and no more signs of the
mange have shown up.

--
Gayle
Ringer ~ Honey ~ Kelly ~ Bo-Bo ~