[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Demodex

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:22:36 GMT

I have a quick question.  Is it possible that a dog with a compromised immune
system can suffer from chronic demodex mange?  And if this is true, could such
an immunity problem be inherited?
In other words, could there be two separate scenarios for this type of mange?
One caused by an unusual amount of stress in a dog's life.  One caused by an
immunity problem such as Lupus or a similar auto-immune problem that could
possibly be inherited?

Just trying to learn!

Thanks!

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/arycrest - Link to The Hooligans Albums

#1 Take him to a different Vet and get scrapings etc. for a new diagnosis.
Hey, he's 6
years old now and it wouldn't be ongoing for so long if proper attention was
given; IMHO!

#2 Change his living quarters in a manner whereby he isn't exposed to the
same old same old
& not only treat his body but the areas around him.  These are "mites"
microscopic BUGS and
do reproduce continually, if not stopped completely.   Please know it has
NOTHING TO DO
WITH ANY GENES OR BLOODLINES AT ALL.  As I said, when Vet says it comes from
the dam it is not through the genes but through DIRECT CONTACT WHEN NURSING!
If you do not believe what I say, then do your own investigating etc. and
find out for yourself.

I am so sorry this has continued to be a misunderstanding between the
innocent public and the
animal medical profession; but it has been going on for a long long time.
Why, I have no idea!
Thanks for sharing and I know that dogs like Marcia's have a chance if given
same in a new way.
Norma     (Ok, I'll lurk  -- a bit but do the homework on your own folks)