[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Demodex

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <luvshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:10:55 -0500

Marcia & Everybody;
The PRIVATE responses I received from the many Listers who KNOW has been
very
wonderful concerning this.  Personally, if I were you and had this dog, I'd
do 2 things:
#1 Take him to a different Vet and get scrapings etc. for a new diagnosis.
Hey, he's 6
years old now and it wouldn't be ongoing for so long if proper attention was
given; IMHO!

#2 Change his living quarters in a manner whereby he isn't exposed to the
same old same old
& not only treat his body but the areas around him.  These are "mites"
microscopic BUGS and
do reproduce continually, if not stopped completely.   Please know it has
NOTHING TO DO
WITH ANY GENES OR BLOODLINES AT ALL.  As I said, when Vet says it comes from
the dam it is not through the genes but through DIRECT CONTACT WHEN NURSING!
If you do not believe what I say, then do your own investigating etc. and
find out for yourself.

I am so sorry this has continued to be a misunderstanding between the
innocent public and the
animal medical profession; but it has been going on for a long long time.
Why, I have no idea!
Thanks for sharing and I know that dogs like Marcia's have a chance if given
same in a new way.
Norma     (Ok, I'll lurk  -- a bit but do the homework on your own folks)