[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Demodex

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:30:49 -0500

Whoa now ---  IF there is a "genetically flawed immune system" it could set
off most any kind of ailment!
Aha -- that can and very well may be something on the sire's side tho.
There's got to be some way to be
able to detect something of that nature I'd think in all the hundreds of
years we've been breeding in a bit
of a "specific manner" with our critters ---    Just like a flea or a fly or
any BUG these characters jump
from the hair of the dam onto the puppies while they are nursing.   It has
been experimented successfully
to, as I mentioned, remove the sack and keep the puppy away from the dam.
No mites will be there.
I'm talking any kind of mite too, the growing times of stress are when they
take advantage and become
active on the critter.   It is a most interesting and very complicated bunch
of stuff.  Remember, there are
quite a few kinds, not sure how many, of mange mites far beyond the sarcops
& demodex.  It's a most
amazing bit and something not all Vets look into for sure.   Ok, I'll lurk
and bow out --    Norma