[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Demodex

  • From: Marcia Warshauer <luvshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:55:54 -0700 (PDT)

Ah, glad this subject came up --- for all of you who need to know the TRUTH
ABOUT MANGE!

My boy will be 6 years old this month and has recurring bouts with Demodex
mange. I "manage" it with Ivomec.

Let me tell you, this is heartbreaking and should NOT be passed on by the
bitch. I love this boy and it breaks my heart when it comes back again and
again. It is so frequent now, about 2 to 3 times a year and it takes weeks to
get rid of it. I hear it gets worse the older they get. OMG, I hope not.

I wish there were another way of treating it. The last time he had a dip, he
had a reaction to it so I just give him the Ivomec.

A few months ago it was so bad that the pads of his paws were bleeding. I kept
putting my thick bottomed socks on him wrapped with vet wrap and Neosporin. It
was awful. This went on and on. AWFUL!!! DON'T breed a bitch with Demodex
PLEASE!!!

Marcia,
Norco, CA.