[ SHOWGSD-L ] Demodex

  • From: "Katherine Heckman" <KHeckman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:20:12 -0400

I would like to know what experience others have had with treating
demodex.  My past experience in the clinic has been to treat it with
dips or oral ivomec.  I have been out of the vet clinic for a while now,
and I wondered if there are other treatments people are using.  My bitch
has it localized on her muzzle, but it is on both sides.  She doesn't
seem to scratch at it now, but it doesn't appear to be getting any
better.  I would appreciate it if someone would share their experience
if they have had success treating this problem.

Thanks,

Kathy Heckman