[ SHOWGSD-L ] Demodectic Mange

  • From: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:57:13 -0400

Years ago I lived on Vancouver Island.? Another breeder, still living
there,?bred to my Select Champion, had eight healthy puppies and the dam and
pups came down with demodectic mange.? She put the dam and entire litter to
sleep.? I will never forgive her!? It is so easily treated and years ago I read
an article in the AKC Gazette that said these mites?have been found on our eye
lashes but caused no problems.? She better learn that as a judge she might pick
it up an bring it home to her dogs now...so the needle is not the answer.? I do
hope they change the vet books and say that treating dogs is another option.

Helen