[ SHOWGSD-L ] Delta Screws Up Again

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:10:30 -0800 (PST)

Well I'm 3 for 3 with Delta. I left a dog in Detroit at 10:00 am this morning
to go to Albany, NY by way of Atlanta. Well he is still in Atlanta.  They just
don't know what happened. Hopefully they will get him out yet tonight.   The
first time I used Delta, I sent a dog to NJ . Somehow she ended up staying in a
crate all night at freight in Atlanta  and they just got her in the next day,
before a blizzard hit. Well I tried them again and low and behold the dog made
it from Detroit by way of Atlanta to El Paso. The problem, the handler
neglected to call me to tell me that she had arrived safely and when I called
Delta they had no record of her leaving Atlanta. When I called freight in El
Paso they told me that they hadn't had a dog come in all day .  Needless to say
the handler was raked over the coals, when he finally called me the next day to
tell me she had arrived. I had the people in Atlanta going through all the
cargo looking for her in the middle of the night.  Now hop
 efully
 this poor dog will arrive safely after being crated for over 12 hours at this
point.   I have to fly a dog to Fort Myers in the next week. Can anyone
recommend an airline that takes 500 crates?

     Thanks, Ann
                     www.geocities.com/edangsd