[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Delta Airlines Flying with Dogs

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: WITMS@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:10:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/2010 11:38:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
WITMS@xxxxxxx writes:
Anyone  fly with a dog recently? I can get a direct flight both ways to
Salt
Lake.  I'm planning on bringing a very large dog. Their website says if the

dog  is in a 700. they have to go cargo? If I put this dog in a 500  are
they going to  refuse?? I know a lot depends on who is behind the  counter.
haven't flown with  a dog on Delta for a number of years.  I have been
using
United.. TIA   Susie

We flew two dogs last week, one in a 400 and one in a 200, fully expecting
to get some issues with the 400 crate........not only did we not have any
problems, the staff at American Airlines went out of their way to make sure
we  knew the dogs were ok, boarded, happy, etc. There was a family traveling
with  two Giant Schnauzers in 500 crates, they got exactly the same
treatment we  did.  It was such a good experience, I wrote to AA to let them
know
how  happy we were.

All four dogs were checked in as excess baggage, not cargo.  But we  made
sure to be there extra early.

Hope this helps.

Ileana