[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Declining interest in showing

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <GrnRam415@xxxxxxx>, <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lollark@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:38:13 -0500

Laura

The key point is making GSD people feel included in your local club;  that
they have the greatest dog in the world, and that other GSD people feel that
way too :-)....encourage, encourage, encourage !!

Both dogs and owners benefit. Eventually it falls down the line to the local
club.  If you get even ONE person involved and interested in doing something
whether it is CGC, rally, conformation, etc. you have accomplished something
as a Regional Club.  One thing the local clubs need though is the members to
get back involved with all the little things that can be done to get more
interest thus resulting in more entries in performance venues.

You are right, it won't happen overnight but I have seen some wonderful
changes in our club in the last 6 months.  Club Member Vicki Burkey set up a
Yahoo list for our club members to use.  I wish we could get more members to
sign up but that will come in time too.  I have gotten to know and chat with
a member through that Yahoo list that I have never met and look forward to
meeting her in person!!  Tammy Schaas is working hard on fund raising
efforts for the coming year; Jodi Bobin is diligently working on
membership....it will all come together.

Pat Lukos
Sarava German Shepherds