[ SHOWGSD-L ] Decision on Selling a Puppy

  • From: "Castle Kennels" <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <SHOWGSD-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:59:31 -0600

How long do most of you hold on to a puppy to see if it will be show
quality?  By three months of age, can you pretty much tell or do you wait
longer?  Need some help in deciding whether or not to let this 10-week old
puppy go or to keep it for a while.  .  Her dam was the one who had the
emergency c-section with all the problems.  I ended up with two girls one of
which is a coat or a plush.  The other is still butt high.  This was their
Mom's last litter and I wanted a female to replace her.  I've been battling
a decision for a week now as I have a "pet-home buyer" for the one who is
not a coat/plush.  They want an answer soon.  Another questiion:  Have any
of you ever kept a coat to use as a brood bitch?

 Thank you for your comments in advance.

Pat
Castle Kennels, Ltd.
Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign