[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dec Review

  • From: Michael Lynch <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:52:42 -0800 (PST)

Helen,
This wasnt a money issue. It wasn't a "try to change
the magazine" issue. It was a "lets try something new
and different" issue.

I have to chuckle because I haven't even received my
GSDCA review yet and I have had over 60 emails and 20
calls regarding my advertisement. In the last few
issues of the Dog News you speak of, I had 2-3 ads in
there. Not one word. However, this lets me know it's
working. Even to the extent they have named the breeds
of dogs.

Now, since you have last years canine chronicle, could
you name one handler (besides the McFaddens who always
do it) who had a section in there without looking?
Case in point, they are cast aside after everyone sees
the sections. This was a bit edgier, daring and of
course, pushed the envelope. We knew we would catch
flack from the fancy, but what the hell, someone has
to push the envelope.

Bottom line, it is a page in a magazine, not a liver
transplant. World Peace didn't come because of it, and
neither did a balanced budget deficit. Its not the
Holy Grail... just a magazine. <g>

Mike

Michael Lynch
  BlackHawk Farms,LLC