[ SHOWGSD-L ] Death at the Waterhole ;-( and VIDEO !!

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Larlotta@xxxxxxxxxxxx, LogHaus2@xxxxxxx, beholditisme@xxxxxxxxxx, GSDLady28@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx, Susan.Russo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lpschroth@xxxxxxxxx, NEEDFORSPEED1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, PuppyLuv@xxxxxxxxxxxx, JesusRocks123@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:45:31 -0400

Sadly,
But part of nature, one of the big cape buffalo died yesterday morning
early--quite possibly from TB, as I have found out, since it is very prevalent
in south Africa !!!!! Evidently the cattle brought it in and now it has gone
through the cape buffalo and others--and if you clik on "Forum" at the bottom
of the Africam screen, and go to?Africam Streaming Forum--? and below that
is??http://www.africam.com/wildlife/forum/16 which is The Watering Hole and
clik on it, then go to
http://www.africam.com/wildlife/nkorho_wateringhole_chat_tuesday_25_september_2007?(which
 is "Nkorho Watering Hole Chat) there is a lively discussion that goes on there
(with no dissention, arguing or other negativity like on our beloved List) and
there are links provided where you can read about the spread of TB amoung the
South African mammals--and the high prevalence of it in the Lions there
too--since they eat all the buffalo they can-and therefore ingest the bacteria
and the TB that is in their victim
 s.? It is very sad.? The disease has spread quite a bit from what I have read.
The discussion on that forum this morning is just fascinating.? I have dial up
at home and could not get all this--and I am at work now (with high speed
internet) and you got to read the discussion there.? and there are links in the
messages there--and some of the listers there have gotten pictures and video of
what is happening--Evidently last night there were 6 or more lionesses and
jackels and hyenas--as well as the vultures that were dining on? the buffalo
carcasse and some kind of a fight and I guess it was raining--or had rained and
the lens of the camera was wet and distorted--
oh my gosh--I hear a hyena yelling right now !!? (Realtime) Man is he
noisey--cant see him yet but he is probably threatening the vultures off the
buff carcasse--

anyway-one of the "zoomies" (camera operators that are in the lodge) actually
came out in the "landie"? (Land Rover) and wiped off the camera lens so all
could see--right in the middle of the arguement between the lions and the
jackels--
you guys got to get in on this duscussion--is soo fascinating.? And to make it
dog related--I would love to go there and live--with my GSD---been wanting to
go to Africa for 40 years.
OHHHHHHHHH--and you can go here and watch the lions leaving the scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZIZqRW1ec

OH MY GOSH--just found this one too--go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzKGagzKQU

?and you can see a LION and some hyenas fighting--there is about 5 hyenas
ganging up on a lioness--talk about EXCITING !!?You watch through the video and
the lens is all wet--keep watching--then you hear the Land Rover and someone
comes and wipes off the lens (someone with lots of nerve--or something) --all
the while the lion and the hyenas are getting into it--I wont tell you any
more--THIS IS JUST TOO EXCITING !!? WOW !!
Darn--I got to get to work.
I'll be back.? I have Africam on my computer most of the day at work.? Just
minimize it and keep checking.? I have the sound on low so I can hear what is
happening.?
(I got a good boss--and he isnt here 75% of the time.? ;-)

Check this out !!
Here is another youtube video of the lions--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls9YfCuUKzg
and at the end they ROAR !!!
WOW !!

later,