[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Deaf....?

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gailbauman1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:32:57 GMT

I have three seniors, Ringer and Honey are 12-1/2 and Kelly will be 12 on
January 12.  For the past six or eight months, Ringer has had short bouts of
total deafness and always has a hard time hearing outdoors - I have to elevate
my voice a little indoors for him.
My sister recently got hearing aids because she has trouble with background
noise.  I "think" this may be Ringer's hearing problem.  When he sees my hand
signal to come, or when he sees me flicking the lights, he comes without
hesitation, so I know he's not ignoring me.

Mac is trained to bring in stray elderly Hooligans if they don't come when
they're called, so I don't have to worry about searching for one if s/he
doesn't hear me calling them.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- "Gail BAUMAN" <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any rationale to this?  I have a bitch that will be 12 in August -
when she's outside she doesn't seem to hear me calling for her no matter how
loud, and only knows that I want her to come inside when she sees the light
flick on and off (great when it's dark, but otherwise it's a problem lol!)  BUT
- when she's in the house, it seems that she DOES hear me....same pitch of
voice, just softer since I'm using my 'inside' voice instead of my 'outside'
voice.  Any rhyme or reason to this?  Anyone know how dogs go deaf?

Click for free info on rehab treatments for drug &amp; alcohol dependency.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4t72fD6tipVXxIs5fm07ZmUddvqRXiksU33Rym8XhdFDXRa0/