[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Deaf....?

  • From: "castle kennels" <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:20:26 -0600

I call it  Selective Hearing. They pretend not to hear you when they want
but they sure do come running when you say cookies even if you whisper it!

Or rattle the potato chip bag!  My old girl was a master at selective
hearing for about two years before she actually did become very deaf. Once
totally deaf, I would have to shake her to wake her up when I went into the
room where she was sleeping.  She had lost all her guard dog capabilities.
It is my first Christmas without her and just thinking of her now and the
way she was reminds me again how much I miss her.

Pat

Castle Kennels, LTD.

Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign

www.castlekennels.com