[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dangerous Dogs

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:13:45 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/2005 4:51:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
have a  completely different take on pitbulls.  I work in the fighting
capitol of  the south - Atlanta.  We have too many to number breeders of
fighters.
The Professionally bred fighting dog is not a threat to humans  in any way,
shape or form.  These dogs have been bred and CULLED for  generations to get a
wonderful temperament with people.  FYI - all three  sets of fighting rule
contained one requirement - there must be one judge and  one handler PER DOG in
the ring during a fight and NONE may be known to the  dogs.  Results - if a dog
showed ANY type of aggression toward humans  they were immediately destroyed
and "daddy" was ashamed/insulted as if someone  told him his son played with
dolls (remember these were the "good Ole Boy"  set.)  Professionally bred
fighting dogs of the old fighting lines do not  pose a threat to humans.
Infact,
they are among the MOST stable kids  dogs' you can find.
Move into the present.........  We now have  primarily drug dealers and other
ner' do wells, who want a 'tough' dog and the  rappers made the breed
infamous.  These small time "doggers" as they call  themselves wanted a tough
dog who
could fight at teh Sunday afternoon picnic  and also guard the family's
stash.  So they took a very human gentle  breed and turned them into killers!
They did this by breeding from  inferior "cull" lines and crossing in other
stuff
- We've heard everything  from Dingo to any of the various Mastiff breeds, to
Tosas.

The problem  with breed bans is that theyare not being projected properly
from a public  safety standpoint.  Once pitbulls are gone the "doggers' will
move
on to  bigger and better.  We are already seeing this in Atlanta.  After  the
death of the LaCrosse teacher in California everyone around here started
calling their pit/rott crosses Pressa's and started selling them like
hotcakes.
Within the past year we have been impounding Corsos, Pressas,  Tosas, and
Filas.  Imagine your local police officer going in on a drug  bust only to face
200 pounds of dog specifically bred to kill humans.

Until our legislators understand that its not teh breed, but teh way  these
animals are raised, we will continue to have human deaths associated  with dog
bites as a greater and greater rate.  Every one of us should be  campaigning
with a very thoughtful slogan.  ITS THE DEED, NOT THE  BREED.
--
Suzanne

That's what I meant.  I think we are more in tuned than you think,  but
thanks for the history lesson.  Seems like you have done a bit of  study on the
subject, and I respect that.  I can just remembering as a  child seeing
fighting
pitt bulls, and being told to stay clear.  They  were all tied to small dog
houses, and very aggressive.  With my own  eyes I saw these dog for what they
were, killers.  Nothing I would  sell to the general public.  That was many
years ago, 50  +.    Possibly now of days, it may be different, but I doubt
it.
One thing for sure it is THE DEED, NOT THE  BEED!

Randy
It is, in the final analysis, the owners not the dogs.  On that we  agree.

Randy