[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dangerous Dog Bill - VOLUMES SPEAK

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx" <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>, rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:13:31 -0600

Well -- I called, I emailed, I faxed, and I snailmailed.  The only other
thing I could do would to be to hand deliver with one of my dangerous dogs
toting the mailbag.  Hopefully it will never make it out of committee. You
should also copy your district state senator and congressional
representative on any correspondence just in case it does make it out of
committee and goes to the senate or the house for a vote.

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

Senators
> that are pro 1790 will juz delete the con emails and not keep a tally.
That
> is why it is so important to give them a paper trail that is not as
easily
> dismissed. A fax is the most impactive example as it shows you care
enough
> to sit down, write your letter, and then get it into their hands  ASAP.
That
> said...it is always wise to follow the fax up with the letter  sent via
snail
> mail.
>
> Regarding all who will  be sending emails, faxes and letters, I spoke
with an
> intern who works at our  municipality. He is going to school here and had
> moved to Illinois from California where he previously  worked for the
Mayor of
> San Diego.  I spoke to him about what would have the most impact and he
said
> basically they count pros and cons to determine what their constituency
wants.
> In most cases they don't  even read much of the contents.  So  FLOOD them
> with letters, faxes and e-mails. You don't have to be extremely  eloquent
in your
> writing style to get your point across.  Quite frankly, we could probably
> copy  and paste a good letter with our address and signature and send it.
Letâ??s