[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dancin with Dogs

  • From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lewieb@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:52:07 -0700

Lew, those "stars" on Dancing with Stars know that they are going to be
critiqued on
National TV.........they should be ready to deal with it.  And it is the
same with dog shows,
if you enter a show, you are asking for an opinion and you need to be ready
to hear both
the good and the bad.  You may consider the judge an idiot but no one forced
you to
enter.  Some judges have the ability to critique a dog in a positive manner
and still point out
it's shortcomings.....other judges lack that ability and may make the same
evaluation in a
more confrontive manner.  It doesn't mean that one is right and the other is
wrong.

What is uncalled for are the type of remarks that are disparaging.....sort
of like Mr. Imas and
the Rutgers Womens Basketball team.  His remarks were not constructive and
served no
useful purpose...they were hurtful and denigrating.  The Team, nor anyone
else, asked for his opinion.
One can only speculate on why he thought it was necessary to make such a
comment.
This also applies to dog shows......everyone is entitled to a personal
opinion but it doesn't
mean you have to share it with everyone at ringside.  We all have been the
recipient of an occasional
nasty comment......what we need to do is remember what it felt like and
never do it to anyone else.

Kay