[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dallas and sons

  • From: Ruth Hartridge <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:58:45 -0700 (PDT)

IMO, DALLASwas one of hte All time   GREATS and BEAUTIES!  I was terribly to
hear of Barb and MArk losing him THey have had some awsome dogs AND he was One
of the bery Best . I too was upset with his passing !

Two things come to mind when I think of Dallas, especially when I think of his
fame and the personal pain that seems to go along with owning and successfully
competing with not just a great dog, but any dog.   Bitch competitors seem
kinder.  No need to tell me why.  I know why!!

The first was the Palm Springs Show (I think).  It was a big entry, probably a
major...I have a horrible memory (Actually, I think I have Italian Alzheimer's
Disease = I forget most things except for grudges)   Dallas went BOB, no
applause.  I scrambled through the people near the ring, caught Jim's eye, and
told him, "Congratulations!!  He looked GREAT!!"  Jim, in his usual soft-spoken
manner, thanked me, but, he looked surprised..

The second thing was a Stud Dog Presentation at a National a few years back..
I do not think I have ever seen a more impressive stamp of type on so many dogs
and bitches.  It was SUCH an impressive presentation.

He was a great dog and a great producer, like it or not!!  I think he had
parents...and, I think he might even go back to Horand, through Lance...but, it
matters not to me.
I just was impressed with the dog.  He was special.

Paula, 20 days and counting

From: Anne Thompson <Jagan-shepherds@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dallas and sons
To: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, September 21, 2009, 2:39 PM

I too, like Linda, wonder if it is wise to jump into the frey, but feel I
must.  I saw Dallas  and his littermates for the first time at the Balston
Spa shows when Belle Starr was being campaigned by Jim.  He was just a very
young dog then and he was without a doubt my pick of the litter.  If you
know me, it all about the total package to me with dogs.  First is
temperament and then I want all the dogs parts to be balanced.  When I saw
Dallas the following year,  I told Jim I wanted to breed Belle Starr to him
when she finished her campaigning. I felt Dallas had one of the most stellar
temperaments I have seen in a dog, and he truly was a great package in a
dog.   We did I and I got Happyanunoit.  This all came about before Dallas
was campaigned by Jim.  I am extremely pleased that I made this decision,
and clearly it was made before all the hype was out on Dallas.  Had I the
chance to do it over again,  YOU BET!!!!!!  I agree with Linda,  how would
you feel if someone were talking about your cherished love one like this.

Anne Thompson #343743
Jagan-shepherds@xxxxxxx
www.pamperedchef.biz/annehthompson
Bookmark my site today!