[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dallas and sons

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:24:45 -0500

Thanks!  I have been waiting for someone to mention that all of these
"great" progeny also had mothers & some of
their success has to be due to the dam's - 50% of the genes!

In fact, some of the bitches may be contributing many of the good
qualities.   One time I had a very nice bitch from
very good bloodlines but not inbred on those lines.   Anyway, I bred her
three times (the most that I will ever breed).
There were dogs (males) from each of the three breedings that looked almost
like twins.   The sires of these litters were NOT
related to each other in at least four generations.

Congratulations to all of these progeny being discussed  & BOTH their sire
and their dams!!

Sandy

At 12:04 PM 9/14/2009 +0000, you wrote:
>My intention was not to review Dallas's direct or indirect contributions -
>I am very aware of what they are. But rather to ask the question of
>whether any other dog(s) with similar strengths would have accomplished
>the same or perhaps even more.
>by benefiting from the formula that he did.
>I don't deny the success, I analyze it honestly to determine its value to
>me as a breeder and how it came to be
>
>Additionally I wanted to give particular credit to those breeders with
>fabulous bitches who produced those sons that are better then the father
>in all aspects, since the original poster had omitted their contribution
>completely
>Kudo's to the momma's who I think contributed far more then you think,
>particularly to those at the top of the heap.
>
>regards,

Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm