[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dallas and sons

  • From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxfels@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:51:04 -0700

I think it depends on WHY many breed to a certain dog.  Do they do it
because everybody else is doing it and want to jump on the band wagon?  Do
they do it because someone told them it is the next up & coming thing to do?
Or, do they do it because they have a very strong SET type that they have
worked long and hard for and feel they can cover what might be week in that
stud dog line, while getting some of the other qualities that is being
produced, such as bone and substance.  Some people don't know what they like
because they don't know what is correct.  They do what is suggested by
someone who they think is knowledgable.
One the other hand, there are people who are definite in what they like and
prefer and do not follow the crowd.
I think the preference of many changed to fall into line with what was being
produced and winning.
I personally would sell the farm before I would chance a short upper arm and
lifting.  Is that wrong?, not for me.
I do agree with Linda B that it is very unfeeling to hang some stud dog out
to dry on this list.    If you got something you didn't like, move on.
Maybe it's the bitch!!  Whenever we do a breeding, we are taking a chance on
getting something we didn't plan on.
It's a tough game and nobody walks away without some failures.  We just need
to learn how to fail forward.
Carol