[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "Dallas Free Lines Subject".

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <charangsd@xxxxxxx>, <Erynbrook@xxxxxxx>, <paris-smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gsdlover729@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 11:07:30 -0700

"Dallas free"......"Lance free"....."Sundance free"......all just terms for
"TOOLS"  in
someone's breeding program.    Each breeder is seeking something different for
their lines than you or I am....and some need, or improvement or correction or
concern
that is often different than our own.
These are "tools".......and if someone takes a tool and uses it as a weapon to
start
fighting over bloodlines and dogs..........well THEY have the problem......not
the dog!!
It's sad that someone has dogs, & breeds, and yet has time for a silly
war.....OVER dogs!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Angie Martin ".

  Thank you Susan!!! Hopefully they will get it.

  Angie Martin

  From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "Dallas Free Lines Subject".

  OK I have to clarify this so everyone can calm down. This is not the first
  ime that dog breeders have advertised xxx-free lines. It happens (in any
  reed)  when breeders find that they (collectively) have, over the years,
  one to one  stud dog so often that they number of stud dogs available to them
  ave  diminished significantly.
  any years ago people advertised Lance-free lines. It certainly was not a
  egative comment on Lance! It was simply that there were so many breeders
  ut  there with bitches who went back to Lance, often multiple times in 2 or 3
  generations. Heck there were in-bred Lance kids out there too. These were
  ot bad dogs, but the more Lance they had, the more careful a breeder
  anted to  be about breeding back to Lance lines.
  t the same time there were fewer and fewer stud dogs who had no Lance in
  heir pedigrees. So owners of stud dogs advertised Lance-free lines to let
  wners of bitches with heavy Lance know this was a pedigree that might work
  ith their bitch.
  gain - this is IMPORTANT - it was NOT A REFLECTION ON THE STUD DOG in
  uestion. It was simply a way to let people know where there were stud dogs
  vailable to meet their pedigree requirements. You can't keep going back on
  he  same stud dog forever, no matter who he is or how wonderfully he produced!

  Susan Casey
  n a message dated 11/5/2010 1:20:18 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

  aris-smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  What all  need to know is this whole discussion started because it was
  ointed out by  an individual that her puppy was "Dallas Free" which in turn
  rought up  concern for another individual who actually had a pup with
  allas
  ines and  was now; due to seeing this post; was worried about her puppy
  ow.
  he was  concerned that her puppy who unfortunately already has had some
  edical  problems would now be facing more due to "Dallas Lines". With there
  eing  so many new people in this breed who are still trying to learn  lines
  utting this in an ad is going to raise concerns and possibly give  the
  rong
  pinion about certain dogs and lines because of course the first  thing that
  ops in to a person's head when they read this is "Why" did they  put that,
  s there something wrong in the lines, should I stay away from  those lines
  tc?  I myself do not think it is right to put something  like that in an
  dd. If someone is truly interested they will contact the  person and ask to
  ee the pedigree and can see for themselves what dogs are  not in their
  inesnstead of bluntly calling it out like that.  JMHO
  Tammy  Paris-Smith
  ww.noble-spirit-shepherds.com

  here are some  lenghty threads going around about this subject. I
currentlyave a post on  my Face book page relating to this subject. I welcome
all toome join in  the conversation if they wish. Here is the web addy
ttp://www.facebook.com/notes.php?idW7644872&notes_tab=app_2347471856#!/note
  php?note_idF1829212617
  So  much has been said on the subject I did not want to bombard the lists
  ith  all responses and such. You many have to "friend request" not sure?  I
  elcome ALL to participate!
  Health and happiness
  am K  and her pack