[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DRIVING IN THE SNOW

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:29:53 -0600

At 05:27 PM 12/11/2008 -0800, you wrote:
>It was a nippy 73 here today in Chandler, AZ Ask me if I miss driving in
>the ice. One thing that my mom taught me about driving in the ice is to
>always carry a bottle of bleach. If you get to slipping on the ice pour it
>over your rear tires or your front tires, if you are front wheel drive. It
>will give you very good traction for a period of time. It doesn't do your
>tires any favors but if I had to choose between walking off Mt Hood and
>buying new tires, I'll buy tires. :0)
>Terry in AZ

Being born & raised in Michigan, I am VERY accustomed to driving in snow & ice.
We always kept a large bag of kitty litter in the car.   It gives good
traction if one is
stuck.   Also, remembering that you never do anything "quickly" when driving on
ice.  A slow, steady movement is just about necessary.   Living in Tennessee,
it is always funny to watch natives drive on the rare icy roads.

sandy

p.s. we have about an inch of snow on top of ice on the roads in the
country here
but it will thaw before too long.
Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels