[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DOG SPELLED BACKWARDS

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:36:24 -0700

I really like this piece, and it made me think of a wonderful children's
book I found at a library sale: The Dog Who Walked With God by Michael J.
Rosen, illustrated by Stan Fellows.

It's a retelling of a northern California Kato creation story.

"In shallow places where Earth looked up, moss grew, they say, and Earth
grew taller, and onto it stepped the Great Traveler and his companion."

His companion is a GSD-like dog.

The artwork is simply stunning. If you're a collector of GSD books, this one
is a must. If you want to read more about it, here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0763604704/qid=1142098063/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1
/103-5391513-9155843?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

On another topic, someone not too long ago asked for dog toy
recommendations, and I have found the most WONDERFUL ball for my ball-crazed
boy. It's called the "Doggie-talk ball" made by Orbee Tuff. It's squishy,
which he loves, bounces wonderfully, his jaws and teeth don't puncture it at
ALL, and it floats!! He's CRAZY about it.

You can see it at www.planetdog.com

It's pricey, $12.98, but he's played with it CONSTANTLY for two weeks with
nary a sign of wear.

Fran
--
No one with good dogs is ever truly alone.
                                               Jon Katz