[ SHOWGSD-L ] DM stem cell transplant experiment

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:09:23 GMT

This was posted on the AOL GSD message board, I sure hope Dr. C's experimental
treatment is successful.

Permission to Cross Post:

The first autologous bone marrow-derived stem cell transplant in a dog with
GSDM, has been done by DR Clemmons, at the University of Florida!!! This
announcement is  in keeping with DR Clemmons concept that research should be
done in the open.  Dr C is cautiously optimistic that this treatment will help
but it is too early to determine if, in fact, it will. He will be monitoringthe
dog over the next month to see if there are improvements in neural function.
What he knows so far, is that the treatment has not appeared to have any
adverse effects in the first 12 hours after transplantation. The dog has shown
no fever, is happy and hungry.

I wanted to share this with all of you, as the tears run down my face.. I hope
and pray this will be the begining of the end, of DM....

Gayle
Ringer - Honey - Kelly - Mac - Slider - Bo
Bridge Kids - Andy - Abbey - Tasha - Tex - Echo - Yukon - JR - Too - Niki