[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DM Testing

  • From: Birgit Rhoads <wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:59:14 -0400

From my own experience, I would not bother to test a dog that has a history of
bloat at 5 years because I would not be breeding that dog anyway.  Experience
tells me to run, not walk, away from lines that bloat/torsion.

Does it not make sense to do the time tested reliable tests that we know will
give the dog health clearances, and then, look into DM? No one is saying if
your dog is a carrier not to breed it. Just be careful where you go. And, it
would be nice to test the resulting puppies before sending them off to
unsuspecting pet people.  OTOH, the word has gotten out to pet people who are
now requesting if the dogs have been tested to be not "at risk".

Birgit Rhoads
Woodland
Hudson Oh
wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.woodlandpwc.com

When you've flown as far as you can, you are half way there