[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DM Carriers

  • From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:29:05 -0400

I sent for another test today, Paula.  I'm testing my Cluny puppy.  I
don't care that I haven't bred these dogs--I have to know.

Upon researching the pedigrees, 2 of the dogs have similar ancestors,
whereas the other 2 don't.  I never want to go through the horror of
DM again.  My Obie (CH ptd. Landsend's Obie of Jeenellyn, CD, OFA) had
to be put down in 1990 due to DM.  He was 10.  It was awful watching
his body deteriorate, while his mind stayed keen.  I WAS HIS breeder
and every puppy in that litter got DM.

I will not ignore the results--I will be very careful when it is time
to breed the 3 bitches.  They MUST be bred to  DM tested CLEAR dogs.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog