[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DM

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 19:02:44 -0800

I did the test years ago when Clemmon's was at the University of
Florida. It was the only test available....I guess around the late
80s.  Both dogs I tested came back positive for DM.  They both lived
to be 12-13 years old and really showed no signs of classic DM
symptoms but more like spondylosis.  As Ken and Kathy said, the only
way you can diagnose DM is by necropsy when the dog is gone.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
GCh. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,RE,CDX, CHIC (h,e,h,t) DM Normal
"Strider" 80 BOB's #5 & #6 GSD 2009  BOB Eukanuba 2008 & BOS Eukanuba
2009