[ SHOWGSD-L ] DJD

  • From: "Nancy Godwin" <ngxotic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:49:44 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Of course, if they have it they don't always produce it, there is another
dog involved. My point is when there is a problem

breed it out. It can be done. These same opinions I heard

40 years ago about hips and then the breeders finally

decided to do something about it and look how many dogs

have good hips today. All through proper breeding. Of course it takes more
than one or two or three generations

But it can be done. I remember when they said any dog

that sits on their hips was dysplastic,well then why did

Ch. Ulk Winkingerblut sit on his hips (he had perfect hips).

What I have seen through the years is bad elbows is

much worse that bad hips. I am not saying that you have

to throw away some excellent specimen just breed

selectivly and it can be bred out. But bad elbows will

continue to be produced as long as the breeders say it is not important. Nancy
G.