[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DJD??

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:42:18 -0700

Could it be the joint can fuse together as they do will some horses with age?

Theresa

On Mon, 7/21/14, MORGAN LEWIS <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 IF that is true, then why
 are we seeing so many coming back NORMAL on the 2nd set of x
 rays??

 Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
 Member
 GSDCA
 President Last Hope of  Georgia
 501c3
 "So Much to Do, So Little
 Time"

 On Mon, 7/21/14, Cyndi Flautt <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

  UAP and OCD can be seen
  easily on an X-Ray.  FCP is more difficult...
 so the OFA
  assumes that an elbow that has
 any bony changes at all, has
  FCP... But
 since they can't actually see the FCP, they
  name the secondary changes (DJD)  If we did
 MRI's of
  the elbow, all of those DJD
 diagnoses should ( in theory)
  change to
 FCP.

  I assume
  someone did studies to verify what the OFA
 says... Would be
  nice to know how many
 MRI's or surgery cases were

 evaluated.

  The OFA
 will
  tell you that any DJD with negative
 UAP and OCD, is caused
  by FCP.... But how
 do they really know????  I think they
  err
 on the side of caution, which in their case is
  understandable.

  Cyndi Flautt
  www.carettigsd.com

http://showgsd.org/mail.html