[ SHOWGSD-L ] DFW National

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:20:37 -0800 (PST)

The Will Rogers complex in Ft. Worth exists only for the exhibition of animals.
 the have an equestrian center that has stadium seating.  Obedience, rally and
agility could be in one of the other buildings, perhaps in the building that
the Ft. Worth Kennel Club and the Texas Kennel Club hold their all breed shows.
 There are plenty of hotels, it is fairly close to the airport.  You could herd
sheep at End Gate Ranch,in Ferris, TX, which is southeast of Dallas.  I live
close to Ferris and it takes me a little over an hour to get to Will Rogers.
All courses can be run on the property and you could do sheep and ducks.  An
alternative might be to herd at the Westerman's but their property is north of
Denton, close to the TX/OK border.  The distance is no problem for most Texans
as we can drive over 200 miles on a Sat just running errands and most of the
shows we go to require at least  a couple of hours driving.  The only problem
might be in getting the facility during the time w
 traditionally have the National.

  The Exposition Center in Glen Rose, TX is another alternative.  It is about 2
hours south of DFW airport.  It is an equestrian center with stadium seating.
You can rent out the stalls.  There is hot & cold water bathing facilities for
the dogs.  There is room for obedience and rally, maybe agility if it can be
held outside under cover.  RV's can park on site.  The closest herding would
still be in Ferris.  Nolan River Kennel Club holds it's shows there.  The
problems are not enough hotel rooms and if you like to drink alcohol you'll
have to bring your own because  the county is dry.   The bar b que is excellent
though.

  Diane