[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DETAILS ON THE NEW GRAND CHAMPION AWARD

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 20:33:32 +0000

This is really not that difficult.

We sit and watch BOB, BOS and Selects picked every year at the National....

we understand the concept.  The Grand Championship is the same thing, only

on  smaller scale.

All the judge has to do is decide if his BOB is better than the average
Champion.

If it is, then give the Gr. Ch. points.

Next, is the BOS better than average?

After that, is there another Ch. Dog and Ch. Bitch that is better than average?

For some entries, only the BOB may qualify in the judges mind.

In others, it might be the BOB and another same sex CH. may be superior...in
that case,

BOB and one Select will be awarded Gr. CH. points.  The BOS will not.

And it maybe that the judge awards BOB and BOS but does not think they deserve

GR. CH. points....and he/she does not have to award them.

There are some dogs that deserve Championship...we have all seen them.  Very
nice

animals that will contribute to a breeding program.  And then, on occasion,
there is

that dog whose symmetry and movement "makes you look"...whose attitude and

carriage sets it apart from it's fellow competitors.  That is your Grand
Champion.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com